- The applicant proves the need or justifies the intention to travel frequently and/or regularly, in particular due to his occupational or family status, such as business persons, civil servants engaged in regular official contacts with Member States and EU institutions, representatives of civil society organizations travelling for the purpose of educational training, seminars and conferences, family members of citizens of the Union, family members of third-country nationals legally residing in Member States and seafarers,
- the applicant proves his integrity and reliability, in particular the lawful use of previous uniform visas or visas with limited territorial validity, his economic situation in the country of origin and his genuine intention to leave the territory of the Member States before the expiry of the visa applied for.
The maximum number of days is 90 days in each 6 month period.
A multiple entry visa will normally not be granted if you have not travelled to the Schengen area before.
The insurance shall be valid throughout the territory of the Member States and cover the entire period of the applicant’s intended stay or transit. The minimum coverage shall be EUR 30 000.
- Reservation of or return or round ticket.
- Proof of financial means in the country of residence; bank statements.
- Proof of employment and a certificate from the employer that the applicant can come back to work upon his return.
- Proof of real estate property.
- Proof of integration into the country of residence: family ties; professional status.
If the application is refused by an Embassy representing Iceland, the applicant may appeal the decision to the authorities concerned as directed in the refusal decision from the Embassy.
If the reference person would like to appeal on behalf of the applicant, he must have a written authorization from the applicant.