As a result of the transfer of the reception centre for applicants for protection and the increase in applicants, there have been changes to the consultation hours for applicants for protection, who receive services from the Directorate of Immigration.
The reception at Bæjarhraun 18 has been closed and consultation hours have been moved to the housing facilities.
- Hotel Hraun (Reykjavíkurvegur 72 in Hafnarfjörður): Mondays to Thursdays between 9 and 11.
- For applicants who reside in Bæjarhraun 16, Hotel Vellir, Hotel Hraun, Trönuhraun 10 and Grensásvegur.
- Also for applicants for protection who do not live in the Directorate's housing facilities.
- Hotel Saga: Mondays to Thursdays between 9 and 11.
- For applicants staying at Hotel Saga.
- Suðurbraut 760: Mondays to Thursdays between 9 and 11.
- For applicants staying at Lindarbraut and Suðurbraut.
Residence permit cards are distributed from Hotel Hraun. If possible, cards are delivered to the holder's housing facility. If this is not possible, people will receive a text message stating that the card is ready and can be collected at Hotel Hraun.
Applications must be submitted in paper form. They can be sent by regular mail to the Directorate of Immigration or delivered to the drop box in the Directorate's lobby in Dalvegur. Applications can also be submitted at the offices of District Commissioners outside the capital area.
When travel documents are ready, applicants receive a text message stating where the document should be collected.